The Hill People Gear Ute is what HPG calls a homecoming pack. Designed and tested in Western Colorado, the Ute was named after "the brothers to the bear" who ranged from the front slope of the Colorado Rockies out into the desert wilderness of the Colorado Plateau in eastern Utah. The Utes are an independent and adaptable people who inhabited a wide variety of landscapes from Slickrock Sanyon to Alpine Bowl.
The pack Hill People Gear named after the Utes is similarly adaptable, designed to handle loads from 20 up to as many pounds as you can safely carry with equal aplomb. It can be run beltless, but is best used with the Prairie Belt.
- 500d, 1000d, and hypalon construction
- dual 7075 aluminum stays 1/8"x1"
- removable lightweight framesheet rides in internal hydration / framesheet pocket
- hydration port
- HPG original pulley compression that can be used with and without an external pocket. when used with an external pocket, the external pocket can be used as a free floating compression panel or locked in for "almost sewn" performance
- single main compartment
- 3 heavily reinforced internal hang loops on inside suspension side of pack for hanging heavy items
- dual wand pockets
- zippered slot pocket on underside of top lid with PALS underneath
- HPG original pulley suspension for adjustable shoulder articulation
- Includes Prairie Belt
Length: 7.50 in
Width: 12.00 in
Height: 24.00 in
Comparative Volume: 3600ci / 60L
Belted Chassis Capacity: 300lbs