The Kinetic Research Group (KRG) Whiskey 3 Chassis is one of the premier chassis available for your bolt action precision rifle. Featuring an aluminum bedding block, tool-less adjustments, and excellent ergonomics, the KRG Whiskey 3 is a favorite of shooters far and wide. Allowing the use of AICS style magazines (not included) without any special bottom metal, the KRG Whiskey 3 is truly a "plug and play" option. Just drop your barreled action into the chassis, torque the supplied action screws down, and you're ready to hit the range.
The Whiskey-3 Chassis (W3C) (Generation 6 Chassis)Forend:
- Polymer to keep your hand away from hot metal in the summer and cold metal in the winter
- Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 15-20.
- Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend.
- Side mounting options for rail, flush mount QD sling plate, external QD cup, etc on both sides of forend.
- V-bedding (Tikka) or Radius (Rem 700) system which is CNC'd into aluminum backbone for consistent contact between action and chassis.
- Hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s.
- Rem 700 version can accommodate most large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification.
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action); Rem 700 LA now uses CIP length AICS magazines; Badger M2008 version uses AI AW 10round double stack magazines).
- Will accept any barrel contour up to 1.25” straight cylinder. We recommend no larger than .9" at muzzle (i.e. Medium Palma/Remington Varmint contour) for weight and proper overall rifle balance.
Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
- Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of reinforced polymer instead of Delrin (Tikka T3 chassis uses aluminum triggerguard).
- Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
- Rem 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and most aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis.
- Mag catch is our new low profile version which reduces snags while still providing excellent ergonomics and control.
- Remington 700 short action and Tikka T3 use AICS .308 mag in either 5 or 10 rd capacity. Accuracy International part numbers 3901 and 3902 respectively.
- Remington 700 long action and Badger M2008/13 long action gen 5 uses AICS .338 CIP length magazines, AI part number 4808 (bend in feedlips to use with smaller cartidges like .300 WM).
- Magazines are not included. We recommend actual Accuracy International magazines or those from Accurate Mag.
Folding Mechanism (not applicable for fixed stock):
- Main latch uses proven tapered lever style lockup.
- Secondary latch locks buttstock in folded position.
- Spring loaded plungers lock automatically.
- Tapered design of primary latch allows tight lockup through wear of the system.
- Latch components made of hardened stainless steel and nitrided high strength chromoly steel.
- Infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel). You are not locked into set positions.
- Cheekpiece can be quickly removed and re-installed, uses a clamp and thumbscrew design.
- Includes a simple feature to make the cheekpiece return to the exact height you set it.
- Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward with several mounting positions.
- Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face.
Length of Pull:
- Adjustable in ¼” increments with 1 3/4” of adjustment range.
- LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 13.3” to 15”.
- Uses cam lock and thumbscrew to ensure a solid fit.