SCOPE: The ALTUS Precision Rifle Level 1 Course covers rifle set up and torque specs, mechanics of the scope, fundamentals of marksmanship, rifle and scope manipulation, zeroing and confirmation of zero, gathering data, use of a ballistic application, atmospherics, shooter spotter communication, wind reading and building positions using forward support (barricades)
Prior to attending the Level 1 Course all students attending need:
- A durable rifle that is capable of 1MOA accuracy at 100 yards.
- Scope with target turrets MOA or MIL (No Duplex Reticles)
- Rear bag
- 200 rounds of match grade ammunition. (No Green tip / Steel Core Ammunition penetrator is permitted)
- All necessary comfort items.
If you are considering attending but aren't sure if your gear meets our requirements please reach out to Instructor Spenser Berry directly here at email@example.com
RIFLE RENTAL: House rifles are available for rent on a first come, first serve basis. If you are Interested in renting one of our house rifles for the course please contact the office at 850-537-2818.
FORWARD: The ALTUS Precision Rifle Level 1 Course course is designed for students that are entering the world of long range rifle marksmanship. The challenges of engaging targets at distance can be intimidating to say the least and setting the equipment up for the individual shooter is the first crucial step that is often overlooked. The intro course will build solid shooting fundamentals and data that the shooter will be able to take anywhere and successfully engage targets at distances, up to and beyond, 1000 yards. Additionally, the intro course is designed so that the shooter will be able to trouble shoot problems with the rifle, scope or ammunition.
COURSE LENGTH: 2 days
COURSE HOURS: 16 Hours
Key Course Topics
- Rifle setup and maintenance
- Scope setup and maintenance
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Understanding Natural Point of Aim
- Establishing and confirming rifle/scope zero
- Shooter spotter communication and holds
- Introduction to internal and external ballistics
- Introduction to wind reading/estimation
- Data gathering, data confirmation, and scope/reticle manipulation
- Alternate shooting positions (barricades)
- Skills Test (Timed Precision Rifle competition stage scenarios)